Birthstone of the White House and Capitol— A fascinating, centuries-old story, tied to the creation of our national capital’s most important buildings, lies hidden in a humble creek in Stafford County, Virginia. This tale of stone, famous men, architects, immigrant artisans, and free and enslaved laborers brings to light the early years of the American republic and the building of our greatest symbols of freedom. (1992)
- Author: Jane Hollenbeck Conner
- Hardcover: 218 pages, illus.
- Publisher: Donning Company Publishers (2005)
- Language: English
- Package Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.6 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds