Jesse R. Anderson (c.1848-1900) was the son of John Anderson (born c.1812), a stonemason, and Philadelphia “Delphia” Curtis (c.1820-after 1880) of Stafford County, Virginia. On Dec. 21, 1895, the Free Bridge Commissioners of Stafford paid Jesse $40 for 4,000 feet of lumber for use on the Falmouth Bridge. His obituary noted, “When the Free Bridge was built here he had charge of the stone work, and under his direction the piers were put up. He was unmarried.” Jesse died of Bright’s disease at his home near Spotted Tavern. In 1888 Jesse was one of the overseers of the road for the Hartwood District of Stafford County.