Charles Withers (c.1761-1818) was the son of James Withers (1736-c.1818) of Stafford County, Virginia.  He lived in what later became known as the Chartters Place or Cherry Grove on Sanford Drive (Route 670), which is now a Del Webb subdivision.  Charles Withers was buried on the west side of Sanford Drive and this cemetery is now maintained by the subdivision homeowners’ association.  Charles was a tobacco inspector at Dixon’s Warehouse in Falmouth in 1793.