Captain William Brown Wallace (1757-1833) was the son of Dr. Michael Wallace (1719-1767) and Elizabeth Brown (1723-1777) of Ellerslie, Stafford County, Virginia. In 1787 he married Barbara Fox (1766-1833). Around 1794 William B. Wallace purchased the old Falmouth Tobacco Warehouses at the bottom of the hill near modern Amy’s Cafe. At this point, they assumed the name of Wallace’s Warehouses. A fire destroyed the buildings in 1796 and Wallace rebuilt. He ran the warehouses at least through 1798. As payment for his Revolutionary War services, Wallace was granted 200 acres and by 1828 he was a resident of Kentucky. Both he and his wife succumbed to cholera in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.