Barnett Stewart (1814-1871) was the son of Bernard/Barnett Stewart (c.1788-c.1845) and Catherine Kendall (c.1793-after 1860) of Stafford County, Virginia. He married Mary E. Bloxham (1824-1876). Barnett was related to the Stewart family who owned Coal Landing on Aquia Creek. The 1839 Stafford County Personal Property Tax Records state that he was then living on Stony Hill, the old Peyton tract. Part of this is now Aquia Harbour subdivision. During the War Between the States, Barnett Stewart lived near Brooke, just east of Stafford Courthouse. McDowell's troops took from Barnett's farm 60 bushels of corn, 1 ox, 1 cow, 1 yearling, 360 panels of fence, 16 fowls, and 2 hogs. At the June 1853 term of the Stafford court he was exempted from the county levy on account of age and infirmity. Barnett died of typhoid and was buried in the Norman-Stewart family cemetery near Hope Road (Route 687).